In 2022 we received 15,030 referrals for suspected cancer.
As a local District General Hospital we offer diagnostics for a range of cancer tumour groups, supported by highly specialised members of our cancer services team. We also offer treatments including some surgeries and Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatments (SACT) at our chemotherapy unit housed in our Macmillan Unit. The Christie provides a range of other SACTs and all radiotherapy treatments at their main site in Withington.
Here is a list of the types of cancer we diagnose and our departments:
- Breast Cancer
- Bowel Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Cervical, Ovarian, Womb, Vulval/Genital and Vaginal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Oesophagus / Stomach Cancer
- Bladder, Kidney, Prostate, Penis, Testicle and Adrenal Cancer
- HPB, Pancreas, Liver, Gallbladder and Bile duct
- Advanced Cancer Service
- Acute Oncology Service
- Rapid Diagnostic Service
Our Cancer Services Team consists of the following roles:
- Macmillan Lead Cancer Nurse
- Associate Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Lead Cancer Manager
- Cancer Pathway Navigator
- Cancer Diagnostic Facilitator
- Cancer Services Support Manager
- Data Performance Manager
- Cancer Care Co-ordinator
- MDT Co-ordinator
Our dedicated Macmillan Unit is able to provide a single point of access for all appropriate cancer assessment, treatment, support services.
Cancer care in partnership
We are proud to have close links with other cancer care providers including Manchester Foundation Trust, The Christie and Northern Care Alliance.